This tutorial will teach you how to make a super-popular rainbow cake from polymer clay ^-^
1. Roll out your first color cake layer. You should make it thiner than a regular
cake layer since this cake will have lots of layers.
2. Use a cookie cutter, lid from a jar, or other round object to cut out a circle.
3. Roll out a really thin sheet of white for the icing.
4. Cut the white out of the same circle and cover your
first layer with it.
5. Repeat these steps for the rest of the colors (orange cake, white icing, yellow cake, white icing, etc.) until you get the whole rainbow.
6. Roll out large sheet of white and cover your cake with, cutting the excess off.
7. Cut it into equal slices by cutting it in half, then cutting those halves in half, then cutting the quarters in half.
8. To texture the cake parts, take a pin and stir up the colored clay layers. DON'T POKE HOLES! To get the right texture you need to make little X's or swirls with the pin. This takes some time but it will make your cake look super real!
9. Decorate the tops with fake sprinkles, fruit slices, etc. Add findings to turn them into charms. Bake and glaze and your done!